April 1, 2010

I SCREAM, YOU SCREAM...WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM

I just realized I had written this post a couple of years ago and never posted it...so here it is.

 
A neighbor of ours has triplets who were turning 2. They had their birthday party at Farrell's, an old fashion ice cream parlor. I made the invitations, which was (especially since there were only about 6 to make). My friend picked out the paper and had the little things to stick on, but I had to come up with a design to use them both, since we couldn't print on the velvety paper.

I had an idea to make these t-shirts for them, but you never know what a mom has planned for her kids to wear on their birthdays. So I was honored that she was excited about them and had them wear them. My sister - who is incredibly talented and much more creative than I am - has been making these adorable shirts (I'll have to ask her permission before posting any pictures of them) for gifts. She appliques felt on the shirts. This is where I got the idea for the ice cream cone shirts (and the baseball shirt, from an earlier posting). I asked and asked and she said she was ok with me copying her. I won't make a huge habit of it and truly hope she takes it as flattery that I've made the ones I've made (I even offered to pay her to make them, but she's a busy, busy woman). Mine aren't quite up to par with hers, but I think they are okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment