March 31, 2010

DIAPER CAKES

Looks good enough to eat, huh?

These are my first attempts at diaper cakes. A fun and simple project...and they make an amazing gift that you know will be used. Some people have told me they make them with stick pins in each diaper or tape each one together. I've also seen them with each diaper rolled up with a rubber band on each one. The way I made mine is not only easy to make, but super easy to disassemble for the gift receiver.

The pink one has 234 size 1 Pampers diapers. I made it for my son's pre-school teacher's baby shower. I put gifts inside the cake too (a Podee bottle, reversible, wipeable bib and little bag fanning out on top). The other cakes have about 175 size 1 Pampers and 10 preemie diapers in the top layer.



The diaper cake below was made to go along with this boy themed gift basket of items I made for a friend's baby shower. I appliqued his name and a football on a blanket I bought. I found matching felt receiving blankets and from those I made the felt ball and monogrammed burpees. And I always do a matching personalized gift card.

No comments:

Post a Comment